There are lots of personal benefits in choosing a nursing career:
1. One of the main personal benefits of a nursing career is helping people. A nurse is the first person who can provide comfort to people in disease or injury. By being a nurse you are directly involved with people's health care and lives. It is a great pride to the nurses that they make a difference everyday in someone's life.
2. Another personal benefit of a nursing career is the potential it offers for different types of jobs. Depending on your preferences you can choose your work area. There is a need for nurses in hospitals, doctors' offices, charity missions, private specialized practices, and government institutions etc. You can easily find work which is close to home. You can also pick from many nursing specialties.
3. Another personal benefit of a nursing career is that you can develop a passion for life which is not possible in several other jobs. When working in health care field you can experience excitement in everything you do. Also others will look at you with respect as you devote your life to helping others.
4. You get a good job security with your nursing job. This is because there is a huge demand for nurses nationwide. Qualified nurses need not worry about being unemployed.
5. Additional benefit of working as a nurse is that you may either work part time or overtime as per your wish.
6. Nursing jobs pay quite well and hence you ought to have a financial independence. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2006, an average full-time nurse earns around $55,000 a year. In addition, a nurse can earn extra funds in many different ways.
In US, nursing is considered as the most respected occupations. There is a large demand for nurses nationwide. A nursing career gives fascinating challenges every day. And this challenging work environment can make your life more interesting, as you enjoy the personal benefits of being a nurse.