NRI Community Service
East Providence, RI, United States
Healthcare, Nursing, Public Interest
Jan 06, 2023
Apr 21, 2023
988 Clinical Supervisor
East Providence, RI
All staff must be vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work, unless a certified medical exemption accommodation is granted. Proof of vaccination must be shown upon hire.
The 988 Crisis Call Center at BH Link is hiring professionals who are looking to make a positive impact on the lives of Rhode Island community members! The 988 Call Center is a crisis answering service that responds to calls, chats, and texts from individuals experiencing mental health and/or substance use crises.
This call center is connected to the BH Link – The state’s walk-in behavioral health crisis center that serves Rhode Islanders statewide. As such, 988 Crisis Counselors can assist service recipients in facilitating entry to BH Link, to be seen in person by an experienced clinical team that provides comprehensive assessment and referral services. The 988 Crisis Call Center also coordinates with local mobile crisis response teams, dispatching available mobile crisis clinicians to the community in order to meet people where they are. The services provided emphasize client-centered care in the least restrictive possible settings.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working on site at the 988 Call Center in East Providence.
- Answering calls, chats, and texts alongside Crisis Counselors (through the 988 Lifeline and the 414-LINK line). This will include:
- Modeling empathy and professionalism to Crisis Counselors while effectively establishing clinical rapport with service recipients in a brief period.
- Routinely assessing for risk of suicidality (and other risks to safety) with callers experiencing mental health and/or substance use crises.
- Identifying best outcomes, including the coordination of wellness checks and/or the dispatch of mobile crisis response teams.
- Coordinating directly with members of the BH Link clinical team as appropriate.
- Coordinating with 911 dispatch and local municipalities as appropriate.
-Managing 988 Call Center coverage schedule alongside the rest of the 988 supervisory team.
- Providing guidance and support to 988 Crisis Counselors throughout the shift.
- Organizing scenario debriefings with 988 call center staff and external partners.
-Actively participating in the ongoing development of resource and referral manuals.
- Reviewing call center documentation and metrics to ensure quality of 988 call center services.
-Submitting critical incident reports documented by 988 Crisis Counselors.
- Facilitating the training and supervision of 988 Crisis Counselors.
- The ability to answer crisis calls, chats, and texts with empathy and composure.
- The capability of multitasking and transitioning between periods of low and high call/chat/text volume.
- Strong communication skills that will lead to effective coordination of care both within and outside of the 988 Call Center.
- The ability to effectively assist Crisis Counselors in navigating digital platforms (the 988 answering platform, resource databases, electronic health records, etc.).
- Ability to provide strengths-based and solutions-focused insight and feedback in collaborative supervision with 988 Crisis Counselors.
- Multilingual staff are highly encouraged to apply.
- Minimum BA in human services required.
- 1-3 Years in the area of crisis intervention preferred.
- Fluency in multiple languages preferred (and compensated).
NRI Community Service