St. Lukes Hospital - St. Louis
Chesterfield, MO, United States
Jul 06, 2020
Oct 19, 2020
Under the direction of the Patient Care Manager or the Chief Technologist in the Patient Care Managers absence, is responsible for the direct and or indirect nursing care of patients within the Radiology Department. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission and values.
Principle Accountabilities: % Of Time Spent
1. Assist all healthcare providers with administering care in the Radiology Department. (10%)
2. Document patient assessment, medications and nursing care on the patient record. (10%)
3. Give patient instructions on pre and post procedure care. (10%)
4. Help follow up with patient tubes and teach discharge care of tube with patient or caregiver. (10%)
5. Report patient care problems to the patient's physician. (10%)
6. Assist radiologist with a procedure outside the x-ray department if necessary. (10%)
7. Monitor patient EKG's, arterial lines and IV drips while in Radiology. (10%)
8. Administer IV sedation and analgesia according to department policy. (10%)
9. Assist in Radiology Department emergencies. (10%)
10. Perform emergency care when necessary. (5%)
11. Performs other work duties as assigned. (5%)
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Missouri Required.
Nursing Diploma or Associates in Nursing Required.
BSN or completion of BSN within 5 years of hire date is required.
Employee must be capable of working to prescribed departmental standards and conduct himself/herself at all times so as to reflect credit to his/her profession. The assessment, care and treatment provided by the Radiology RN will be consistent with the specific age related needs of the patient. The Radiology RN is competent to care for patient age groups including the pediatric, adolescent, teen, adult and geriatric patient.
Employee is required to sit occasionally and stand frequently. Employee must lift/carry a light (1-20 lbs) load frequently. Employee may be required to lift over 100 lbs with assistance. Employee is occasionally required to reach forward and reach overhead. For repetitive action, employee is required to use both hands for simple grasping and pushing/pulling. Employee is occasionally exposed to electrical hazards and CRT terminal work. (Occasionally: 1-33%, Frequently: 34-66%, Continuously: 67-100%) The most significant of duties are included but this does not exclude occasional work assignments not mentioned or developmental duties.
Job Relationships: Member of a comprehensive healthcare team, including other healthcare providers, the patient, the patients family and significant others.
Faithful to our Episcopal-Presbyterian heritage and its ministry of healing, St. Luke\u2019s is dedicated to improving the health of the communities we serve.
Using talents and resources responsibly, we provide high quality, safe care with compassion, professional excellence and respect for each other and those we serve.
As an independent healthcare network, we create healthy communities in the region through our commitment to high quality, safe and personalized services.
We accept and treat all persons as being created in the image of God.
We respond with caring to the needs of others as if they were members of our family.
We honor each person\u2019s rights and responsibilities in light of the common good.
We set and strive to attain high standards of performance and continuous improvement.
We use our talents and resources wisely, with honesty and integrity.
FACES - Friendly - Available - Caring - Efficient - Safe Communication Standards: Promotes and provides courteous and effective communication with internal and external customers.
St. Lukes Hospital - St. Louis