Satellite Healthcare, Inc.
Memphis, TN, United States
Satellite Healthcare is a successful, nonprofit organization that has improved the lives of people living with kidney disease since 1973. We earn our national reputation for excellent patient care each day by offering a complete range of dialysis therapy choices, personalized clinical services, and unparalleled wellness education.
Satellite Healthcare provides expert, personalized kidney care at over 80 centers across the U.S. as well as at acute dialysis locations in California and Texas. Learn more about Satellite Healthcare at www.satellitehealth.com
The Assistant Center Manager (ACM) is responsible for the delivery of safe, quality care of dialysis treatments by assisting the Center Manager (CM) with oversight of the center’s operations. The ACM is a liaison to physicians in regards to patient information, and company policy & procedures. This position acts as a team leader who educates and mentors center staff as appropriate. In the absence of the CM, this position is also responsible for the daily management of the center. Additionally, the ACM provides oversight with the Nocturnal Program, special needs program and any other pilot programs, if applicable.
The essential functions listed are not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. All employees must work in accordance with Satellite’s I-CARE Standards. Employees must abide by all Satellite’s standards of patient care, patient’s rights and ethical treatment, and adhere to safety and quality programs.
• Critical Results/Situations: Uses professional discretion in critical or emergency situations and directs the necessary intervention; provides the appropriate information to the physician
• Patient Schedule: Provides oversight of the patient schedule and makes staff assignments; consistently reviews and evaluates patient priorities as changes occur in the condition of the patient or center; directs staff in work assignments to address these changes
• Patient Admissions: implements them and/or delegates to appropriate staff; in the absence of the CM, ensures admission procedures are followed, approves the patient for admission and makes the staff training assignment
• Access Management: Participate the Vascular Access Lead (VAL) in the center or program; ensures consistent, timely monitoring of accesses and verifies appropriate action of identified problems; collects relevant reports, ensures actions are taken and notifies the physician as appropriate; serves as a resource for access problems
• Adequacy Management: Actively participates with the Adequacy protocol for new admissions; assist CM to assemble the monthly adequacy team to modify aspects of treatment to correct deficiencies in the dialysis delivery
• Patient Rounding: Assist CM implement rounding of patients to proactively identify needs and concerns
• Patient Care Conference: Assists CM with monthly management of interdisciplinary team care conferences
• Quality Assessment Performance Improvement (QAPI): As a member of the QAPI team, monitors clinical data to identify trends, root causes and implement interventions to correct minimize problems in the center; leads projects related to identified problems as directed
• Infection Control and Vaccinations: Ensures compliance with all infection control policies and procedures; ensures all potential infections are correctly documented and appropriate care is rendered; provides oversight of patient vaccinations and provides data as required
• Staffing: Promotes a teamwork approach by offering information, advice, and assistance to all center staff members in a positive, courteous, and cooperative manner; participates in staff scheduling and interprets staffing policies; arranges for coverage for scheduled and unscheduled absences
• Focal Reviews: Participates in employee performance reviews; supervises, and evaluates in conjunction with the CM
• Policies & Procedures: using knowledge of policies and procedures, acts on non-compliance including notifying the CM; ensures staff documents thoroughly and correctly; effective communicates new policy and procedure updates
• Supplies: Ensures proper use of supplies to minimize waste; reviews level of supplies with CM to meet established inventory levels; collaborates with CM to review and analyze monthly financial reports
• Assists CM to maintain center in good repair, equipment is safe, and may communicate requests/needs to Technical Services as requested
• Adheres to all policies in the Employee Conduct Expectations in the Employee Handbook
• Responsible for driving the Satellite Healthcare culture through values and customer service standards
• Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers
• Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication
• Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Two year Associates degree in Business administration, Liberal Arts, Social Sciences, Physical Sciences or related fields; 4 year degree preferred
• One (1) year medical field required; 1 year of hemodialysis or home program preferred
• Supervisor/Management experience preferred
• Current CPR/BLS for Healthcare certification (or within 3 months of hire)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Able to maintain confidentiality
• Understands basic renal function and the consequences of renal failure
• Able to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the center
• Effective team building skills
• Quality management skills
• Able to read, write, speak, understand and satisfactorily communicate with others in English in person, over the phone and via email
Satellite Healthcare, Inc.
Website : http://www.satellitehealth.com
Satellite Healthcare, Inc. (SHC) strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, SHC does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or identity, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability. Women and men, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. We offer a drug-free work environment.By the 1960s, patients often traveled great distances to a regional medical center for life saving dialysis treatments. Dr. Norm Coplon, Satellite’s founder, believed it was possible to provide personalized dialysis care in a friendlier, more comfortable environment closer to where patients lived. With only six patients, the first Satellite dialysis center opened March 1st, 1974. Today, Satellite Healthcare’s staff of over 1500 work to improve the quality of life for more than 6500 patients, across 80 centers and six states. And, this is just the beginning. Our next 40 years promise to be just as exciting as our first.